Dante refer to three types of characters in Go Nagai's work: Those based on the titular demon of his Demon Lord Dante manga, related to the historical Dante Alighieri, or being his human alias Ryo Utsugi that sometimes was a character of his own identity. Devilman Lady brought the two of the three types together.
- Dante: A scientist transformed into a demon during God's attack on Sodom and Gomorrah. He is later reincarnated as a boy named Ryo Utsugi.
- Dante (True Dante):
- Dante (New Dante): A scientist transformed into a demon during God's attack on Sodom. He is later reincarnated as a boy named Ryo Utsugi.
- Dante (Dante Anime):
- Dante (Grimoire): A minor demon, separate from the Ryo Utsugi of that series.
- Dante (Dynamic Heroes):
- Dante (Demon Lord Dante vs Getter Robo G):
- Dante (Devilman Lady): The main body of Zennon. He was considered a mighty demon hero and helps free the denizens of Hell near the end of the series.
- Dante (Geki-Man):
As Dante AlighieriEdit
- Dante Alighieri: A famous Italian author and poet most famous for the Divine Comedy. The book was a major inspiration for much of Nagai's works, and the real life person was later incorporated into the series.
- Dante Alighieri (OVA): He is seen briefly as Ryo Asuka talks about his encounter with Zennon.