|Devilman: The Demon Bird|
|Release date||February 25, 1990|
|Studio|| Oh! Production |
Devilman: The Demon Bird is a 1990 OVA film based on Yasutaka Nagai's novelization of his brother Go Nagai's manga Devilman. It was directed by Umanosuke Iida and a sequel to his previous Devilman adaption Devilman: The Birth from 1987. It was followed by a non canon spin-off, CB Chara Nagai Go World, in 1991 and later in 2000 an OVA based on the Amon manga was released, namely The Apocalypse of Devilman. It is written to follow the same series of the Iida films but takes place long after.
- Akira Fudo: A kind, polite and noble boy in his late teens, when approached by his old friend he is forced to accept his destiny of becoming the Devilman.
- Ryo Asuka/Satan: Akira's best friend who was instrumental in Akira's birthing into Devilman, unknown to him he was really the demon lord Satan.
- Sirene: A beautiful female demoness with bird like wings, not inherently evil but after the loss of her love Amon she becomes enraged and attempts to kill the one who had wronged her, namely Akira Fudo.
- Miki Makimura: The daughter of Akira's adopted parents, she was Akira's best friend after his parents dissipated, and she also had romantic feeling towards him.
- Jinmen: A large sadistic demon with horrific powers, able to devour a living creature and have them added to his shell to live out an unending agony until they were fully decomposed.
- Kaim: A large armored tank of a demon, and was an example to show that not all demons were evil, in Kaim's case he was in love with Sirene and sacrificed his own life so she had a chance to further on living.
- Ghelmer: A powerful and bizarre demon with the ability to manipulate and fuse with water, he assisted Sirene in the attack on the Makimura Home.
- Agwel: A small slime like demon who could turn his surroundings tangible and could swallow people whole.