|Published on||August 1972 to June 1973|
|Published by||Akita Shoten|
Devilman is the name of a manga by Mitsuru Hiruta, who had worked with Go Nagai since Harenchi Gakuen. It was based on the Deviman TV-series and published in Akita Shoten's Bouken Ou magazine from 1972 to 1973.
Very similar to the format of the anime series, the manga had a monster fo the week style structure each chapter introduceing a new foe for the hero to battle with, often the chapters were based upon the anime episodes and were reworked to fit the format, with some obvious differences and similarites.
- Akira Fudo: The main protagonist of the manga, he defends the earth against Zennon's demon forces.
- Zennon: The leader of the Demon Tribe, he sends his troops to try and defeat the Devilman.
- Miki Makimura: Akira's object of affection whom he must constantly defend from attack.
- Kensaku Makimura: Miki's younger brother who is easily panicked and frightend, lending to his nickname Tare.
- Dremoon: Zennon's strongest warrior, sent to do battle with Devilman in the final chapter.