|Devilman vs Hades|
Devilman vs Hades (デビルマン対闇の帝王, literally "Devilman vs the Emperor of Darkness") is a manga by Team Moon created for the 40th anniversary of Devilman and Mazinger Z in 2012. The manga features characters and villains from both series in an original story about Devilman trying to find Miki's soul.
After Miki Makimura and her family were killed in a riot along with the whole surface of the world, Devilman searches the underworld for her soul and find the Emperor of Darkness (also known as Hades) in order to bring Miki back to life. During the journey he encounters old enemies such as Sirene. With the emperor busy in the underworld, he has his new servant Dr. Hell become commander of the warrior beasts to fight and destroy the Great Mazinger unaware of what the newly named Great Marshall of Hell plans to do with his power.
- Akira Fudo/Devilman: The main protagonist of the manga and the original Devilman series. After his love Miki is killed, Akira as Devilman goes to the underworld to find her soul. Upon hearing about the Emperor of Darkness, and his ability to bring the dead back to life, Devilman sets out to find him so that Miki could be brought back to life.
- Dr. Hell: The central antagonist of Mazinger Z, after being killed in battle by his archenemy, he is brought back as a servant to the Emperor of Darkness.
- Emperor of Darkness/Hades: The ruler of the underworld with the power to bring back the dead. He commands Hell and all of the death gods in the underworld as Devilman approaches.
- Sirene: One of the main villains in the Devilman series, she is one of the demons that try to kill Akira Fudo whilst he is in Hell.
- Miki Makimura: Akira's true love, he goes through hell in search of her.
- Jinmen: A turtle like demon who kills people and adds them to his shell.