Kensaku "Tare" Makimura is the younger brother of Miki Makimura. In all versions of the story, he is given his nickname 'Tare' (which means to drip) due to the fact he wets himself uncontrollably when scared.
- Kensaku Makimura (Manga): More of a background character, having little to do until the final few chapters, where he is horribly murdered by his past friends and neighbors.
- Kensaku Makimura (TV): At first he is used more for comic relief, but as the series goes on he gains a larger more specific role.
- Kensaku Makimura (OVA): Similar to the manga, he does very little until the final OVA.
- Kensaku Makimura (Grimoire): Braver than previous versions, he looks up to Akira as a brother.
- Kensaku Makimura (Live Action): Has the same fate as in the manga and OVA.
- Kensaku Makimura (Hiruta): A comic relief character, much like the anime.
- Kensaku Makimura (AMON): Miki's younger brother, serving much the same role as before.