Satan, also known as Lucifer, based on the Biblical figure of the same name, is an angel who appears in several versions of the Devilman franchise, usually as the main antagonist. Satan spends most of the original manga and its direct adaptations in the guise of the human Ryo Asuka. Satan is the most notable manga character not to be included in the 70s anime, but does have a counterpart in the form of Iwao Himura. The two are sometimes combined in later retellings of the story.
As Satan/Ryo AsukaEdit
- Satan (Manga): After rebelling against God, they sent themself into a new body, and became Ryo Asuka. He becomes friends with the weak willed human boy, Akira Fudo, and it is because of him that he becomes Devilman.
- Satan (OVA): Following the same story as the manga, Satan was an Angel who rebelled for the sake of the demon race and years later, was responsible for the birth of the Devilman.
- Satan (Grimoire): Only a minion of a greater evil named Muzan, Satan is sent alongside Faim and Medoc to try and defeat Amon.
- Satan (CB Chara): A chibified version of Satan, here he is quick to anger and even quicker to retaliate.
- Satan (Gekiman): Following the original manga with added tweaks.
- Satan (Film): Satan is the main antagonist of the 2004 live action Devilman film.
- Satan (009 vs. Devilman): Assists Akira against the combined threat of Black Ghost and Atun.
- Satan (AMON): One of the main characters, this incarnation seems to have Satan suffer some kind of mental breakdown as the series progresses.
As Iwao Himura/HimmlerEdit
- Himmler: A demon sent by his leaders Zannin and Zennon to spy on and attempt to humiliate the traitor Devilman.
- Asuka Himura: A supporting protagonist, originally young gang member. His appearance is based on the original Satan's disguise, his clothing is like the original Himura's, and his Devilman form is that of Zannin his original leader.